Thursday, February 3, 2011

How to Change Amazon Account Name Without Adding Your Address

I've been an Amazon user for quite some time. So long, in fact, that I even began my account using an ancient alias from long ago that I never use anymore. However, when I sell something on Amazon, it lists the item under the old account name. I wanted to update my account name and only my name. The problem was that when I updated my account name, it wanted me to add a business address and phone number, both of which it says would be visible to anyone who viewed my page. I don't want either of those available for the world to see. So here is an easy 3-step solution I discovered.

1) Navigate to your seller account by clicking on "Your Account" on the main Amazon page, then "Seller Account Information" under Settings.

2) Click "Edit" on the Seller Information section, and update your account name. You will have to fill in an address and phone, but you will delete that in the next step.

3) Go back to "Your Account" as in step 1, and click "Manage Address Book." Delete the new address you just put in.

Now, you have an updated account name and no address or phone associated with it. I don't believe that the Seller Profile you create is the same as your name appears when you leave a product review.

If there is an easier way to do this, post it in the comments.

No comments: