Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mute Certain Types of Updates on Buzz

Do you have someone you follow on Google Buzz who is generally interesting but they feed some sources that you do not want to hear about? My Buzz feed posts from seven sources. It posts my shared items on Google Reader, my Twitter feed, and my feed from this blog just to name a few. 

My friends who follow me on Twitter may not want to also see my tweets on Buzz. Some of my friends may not care about what I post on this blog (except this post of course). In such cases, Buzz has an option to mute certain feeds, while still subscribing to the ones you do want to see.

To do so, click on the friends name in Google Buzz. Once you click on their name it will take you to a list of all of their Buzz posts. At the top it will tell you all about that person's Buzz profile such as who they follow and what accounts they have linked to Buzz. Beside each account there is an option to mute posts from that feed. Select "mute" and you will no longer see any posts from that source. Now you can enjoy following the interesting things that person has to share while leaving out the boring stuff.

No comments: