Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Quest to Delete My Facebook

Facebook created a long and annoying process to go through to delete an account. I deleted my account at least 4 times before it was actually deleted. The first time I tried was about two weeks ago, it showed me pictures of people I am friends with with the caption "...will miss you!". I was with a friend a few days later and when the topic of Facebook came up (it's a trending topic in the modern world) I informed her that I deleted mine. She told me that she was on it the day before that.

I tried deleting it many times sense then. I was so irritated I was looking for an e-mail address to send a complaint to, but I failed. I learned that deleting my Facebook is actually more difficult than it should be (not so much difficult, just a quick google) and I found a guide to get me through the process.

Surprisingly enough, it doesn't actually delete it until 14 days after you request it to be deleted. Obnoxious social networking at it's finest.

No comments: