Friday, May 7, 2010

Beer Review: Yuengling Bock Beer

You're sitting outside, enjoying the cool breeze. The sky is a faint orange as the sun begins its decent behind the trees, and a few remaining beams of light trickle through the leaves and caress the glass of Yuengling Bock Beer in your hand. You take a sip of the Bock. This beer tastes like the sunset itself.

Yuengling describes Bock as having "a deep amber color, pleasing malt base, and a refreshing hop aroma". I could not agree more. What surprised me the most about the Bock was its smoothness. It is incredibly drinkable.

Where the Bock lacks is in the lack of head and aroma. The head dissipates quickly, which I won't hold against a high quality beer. The aroma is sweet, but faint. I would have liked for it to be more aromatic, but what is there, I enjoyed.

Overall, I was impressed with the Bock. The classic artwork on the box made me instantly curious about this anomaly in the grocery store, and I was not disappointed. This beer is seasonal, so if you can find it anywhere soon, I highly recommend giving it a try, unless you think you can hold out until the end of next winter!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bought some Yuengling Bock. It was very good straight from the bottle. Perhaps that is the preferred way of drinking this beer since you were underwhelmed by the aroma.

It was smooth and somewhat sweet. Very tasty beer.