Saturday, March 6, 2010

H. R. 4439: We Will Not Go Quietly

Trying to find an update on H. R. 4439, the Pipe Tobacco Tax bill, I find this website which gives a summary of the bill. Glance over it. Now read the comments at the bottom. People are furious over worthless and tradition-killing bill.

Remember, it's easy to let your representatives know that they may be jobless if they support more taxes and keep assaulting our liberties. Just sent them an email.

UPDATE: I received an email from one of NC's representatives in response to the email I sent in opposition to H. R. 4439. I have to say, this is one of the most generic auto-reply emails I've ever read. It is as follows:

Dear Friend,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts and opinions. Since taking office, I have received an overwhelming number of calls and emails from North Carolinians like you who are ready to take an active part in our government. I appreciate each and every call and email. With our country facing some of its toughest challenges in a generation, your phone calls and messages are an important factor guiding my work here in Washington. Please be assured that we will get back to you as soon as possible regarding your specific concern.

I would like to take this opportunity to share my website with you. Please visit http://Hagan.Senate.Gov to find contact information for my offices and to stay updated as my new state offices open. You can also find information there about what I've been doing in North Carolina and Washington. It is an honor to serve as your United States Senator and I sincerely hope you will not hesitate to contact me at any time to share your concerns and voice your opinions on our country's most pressing issues.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I got the exact same response when I emailed Hagan a month or so ago.

Unknown said...

I got a response for Rep. Richard Burr. He opposes the tax and is worried about the effect it will have on small businesses.

Thank you Rep. Burr for making your intentions transparent to voters!